Josh60502, JustMattPwn3r, and LostAddict1993 meet up again to record a new episode of Frayed Wire X. Do they have an idea of what they are going to talk about? No. Does that matter? Def no.
Listen in for discussions about the lack of new posts on the site, the general suckiness of Sonic the Hedgehog, upcoming gaming consoles, and the public’s inability to accept change in games like Metroid: Other M and Final Fantasy XIII.
Due to some issues retrieving the snazzy intro I introduced last episode, this one starts off right away. U mad about that?
Stream it in your browser or subscribe to us on iTunes!
Last weekend, Josh60502 and JustMattPwn3r recorded the first real podcast episode in months. The hardcore Frayed Wire X fans might have noticed that it has been on the podcast feed for a couple of days now, but for the rest of you people, I’m here to inform you that Episode 9: Back With a Vengeance is now available for download, either on PodOMatic or iTunes. I tried some new editing techniques on the recorded file, namely some amplification and noise removal. I’m not completely satisfied with it; in fact at one point I took down the episode, edited it some more, and re-uploaded the podcast. However, I do think it is an improvement over how previous episodes have been.
Here is the description of the episode as seen on both of the previously mentioned places:
*Note*: The other two recordings Josh60502 and JoeWillBeatJohn made in addition to the District 9 review have been lost forever! Sorry, but hopefully this new full-length podcast episode will make up for them….
Recorded by: Josh60502, JustMattPwn3r
– Post: “Quake II” Demo Impressions
– Matt has Steam!
– And we have an official Frayed Wire Steam group, remember?
– The Big Red Comment Update
– Post: “Brutal Legend” Demo Impressions
– Post: Uncharted 2 Header!
– The Uncharted 2 beta
– Post: “Infamy” – The New Modern Warfare 2 Trailer
– Post: Internet Gaming Spotlight: Shut Up Kanye
– Post: …Hi
– Post: “Metal Gear Solid 4” PS3 Review
– Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2
– Post: “Zombie Apocalypse” Demo Impressions
– Post: Introduction
– Post: “Dr. Nano” iPhone Game Review
– Post: Sub-Par Scribblenauts Header
– Post: Reader Poll: Which Game is the Most Exciting?
– Post: Super Mario Bros Frustration
– Post: What Does This Remind You Of?
– Post: Moderated
– Post: New Metroid Prime Trilogy Header
– Post: “District 9” Movie Review
– Bully: Scholarship Edition
– Post: “Mathogen” iPhone Game Review
– Post: “Watchmen” Movie Review
– Post: Steve Jobs, I Hope You’re Happy
– Post: “The Sims 3” PC Review
– Post: Free App Review: Shotgun Free
– Post: I’m Changing Things Up A Bit with Free App Spotlights
– Post: “Marvel vs. Capcom 2” Demo Impressions
– Tales of Symphonia
– Post: Call of Duty: WAW Map Pack 3 Footage
– Post: Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Trailer
– Post: Halo Legends: The… Anime?
– Post: CALL OF DUTY: Modern Warfare 2
– Post: Wii Sports Resort Header
– Post: Into the Dark World of Half-Life 2 Mods
– Day Hard
– Post: Top 5 Games Best Supported With DLC
– Post: “Battlefield 1943” Demo Impressions
– Post: Creepy Old Men FTW!
– Post: Just FIRIN’ MAH LAZORS
– Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
– What we’re playing
Josh60502 and JustMattPwn3r express a lot of indifference towards the glut of topics in the latest episode of the Frayed Wire podcast (or Frayed Wire X, as some call it). It’s the longest one we’ve ever recorded (70 min. and 25 seconds!) and includes debates and comments on the following subjects:
– Post: What I’m Looking Forward To
— The Conduit
— Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
— Mario and Luigi RPG 3
— Nintendo’s E3 Press Conference
– Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
– Post: What’s Going On Around Here?
– Post: “Lily Allen – It’s Not Me, It’s You” Music Review
– Post: Thanks, Oprah. For Nothing. (Or Something?)
– Post: “Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram” Demo Impressions
– Sin and Punishment 2
– Post: Oh Yeah… Podcast Number 5 Has Arrived!
– Wii vs. DS
– We pull out the newest issue of Game Informer (June 2009) and begin to discuss what it has to say…
– Modern Warfare 2
– DJ Hero
– Final Fantasy XIII
– Muramasa: The Demon Blade
– Red Dead Redemption
– Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
– Grand Slam Tennis
– Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
– Batman: Arkham Asylum
– Fight Night Round 4
– Need for Speed Shift
– Need for Speed Nitro
– Dante’s Inferno
– Guitar Hero Smash Hits
– The Saboteur
– Battlefield: Bad Company 2
– Red Faction: Guerilla
– Spore Galactic Adventures
– America’s Army 3
– 6 Days in Fallujah
– Brutal Legend
– Saw (the game)
– Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
– Katamari Forever
– Virtua Tennis 2009
– X-Men Origins: Wolverine
– Bionic Commando
– Ninja Blade
– Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
– Boom Blox Bash Party
– Excitebots: Trick Racing
– Patapon 2
– Matt hates on the PSP
– GTA: Chinatown Wars (again)
Do you sit in school/at work all day and wish for over 40 minutes of Frayed Wire post discussion, analysis, news, and site plans? Luckily for you, Josh60502 and JustMattPwn3r have recorded just that for your listening pleasure! Stream it from the internet directly to your browser by following the link on our sidebar (or clicking here), or download it from iTunes. Either way, have those questions ready for next week!
Below are the iTunes show notes for this episode:
Recorded By: Josh60502, JustMattPwn3r
– Post: Internet Gaming Spotlight: Staggy the Boy Scout Slayer II
– Post: Reader Poll: What Do You Think of Lego Rock Band?
– Post: “Lego Rock Band”: The Rock Bottom of Music Games
– Post: Well Lookee Here
– The Left 4 Dead Survival Pack
– The Halo 3 Mythic Map Pack
– Grand Theft Auto IV
– Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
– Post: “Snakes on a Plane” Movie Review
– Post: I’m Back
– “Know Your Enemy” by Green Day
– Post: Naruto Fighting Games Part 1: Clash of Ninja
– Post: USING BIG GIANT WORDS
– Post: Frayed Wire’s 2008 Game of the Year Awards
– Post: “Watchmen: The End is Nigh” Demo Impressions
– Post: The Old Header Takes Its Place Once Again
– Post: Top 10 Multiplayer Experiences on the Gamecube
– Post: What to Look Forward To
– Post: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Teaser
– Post: Iwata’s GDC 09 Keynote Address Highlights
– Post: Podcast Number 4 is Here!
– What Josh is currently playing
– Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2
– What Matt is currently playing
– Music we are listening to
– Our Frayed Wire plans for the near future
As if it needed more time.
Yes, the “What Was Your Favorite Game of 2008?” poll will be no more come this Friday. Hopefully around then, most, if not all, of the Frayed Wire writers will be able to announce their favorite games of the past year.
Posts have been a little scare around here lately. Sorry, but my busy schedule is preventing me from writing quality material. Soon my workload should let up however, and it will be back to the good old days of actually seeing new posts on here every few days.
Also, I know there was no podcast last weekend… but look forward to one this weekend unless something unexpected comes up.
You know what you can do while you wait? COME UP WITH SOME QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED IN THE PODCAST!! Even if you don’t have a Wii (we’re giving away Wii points to those who have them, remember?), it is still massively appreciated if you give us a good question to discuss in our show. We’ll find something to reward you with… so please start asking them! In a comment, an email… however you can get it to us, we’re happy.
With all this talk of a podcast, it’s time to get some feedback from the readers. In this poll, please tell us what kind of music you want to hear in the openings, breaks, and closings during our podcasts. Thanks!
Wouldn’t those be awesome? But in order to do them, I need to figure a couple of things out. First off is the best place to host the podcasts. Right now I’m thinking that http://www.flyupload.com/ or RapidShare will do the trick, but if anyone knows any other/better podcast/audio hosting sites, please leave a comment.
Also in the way are microphones. I have a headset, but not a mic that could be placed in the center of a table and used by multiple people. There’s always Skype, the online phone service that allows you to record chats between people with microphones at different computers, but then there would always be some people who couldn’t participate in the podcasts. I suppose I could buy a good mic…. or just record them myself (but those can be boring).
So, any ideas?